|Model:||- - -|
|Size - diameter excluding winding crown:||40mm|
|Size - length including lugs:||46mm|
This steel watch is from 1916 with the number 3490863 marked on both back cases as well as movement. The watch has a white enamel dial with Arabic numbers and seconds at 6 o’clock. It has cathedral hands. When opening the first back case you have the number 13 and 15 on each side of the “EF Co logo” (Ernest Francillon). This is a winding mechanical movement. The watch is in good condition and comes with a black strap.
Longines was born August 14, 1832 by a young man called Auguste Agassiz who became partner at “Comptoir Raiguel Jeune”, watch dealership in the Jura. After putting watches together mostly by watchmakers living in small farms, the comptoir sell them. The Co. becomes very prosperous. In 1847, the company changes the name for “Comptoir Agassiz & Co.” En 1866, the Co. buys a land called “Les Longines” to build production plant. One year later, the first watches “E. Francillon, Longines, Suisse” are introduced to the universal exhibition in Paris. In 1880, the company registered its patent as “Longines” and the famous trademark “the winged hourglass”. Then came the famous calibers, the 13.33Z, the 13ZN or the 30CH in 1947. The most memorable moment was the association with Charles A. Lindbergh who had flown his Spirit of Saint Louis across the Atlantic on May 27, 1927. Hour angle watch that made navigation easier for many a pilot on trans-oceanic flights was available from 1932. Longines was also the pioneer of electronic timekeeping.
Longines manual winding with caliber 15.26
Diameter excluding winding crown: 40mm
Length including lugs: 46mm